Apply to an Analytics Program
To be considered as a candidate, our admissions committees usually require:
- The equivalent of at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA for their undergraduate or graduate coursework.
- Grades of B+ or better in foundational research and statistics courses or in courses that suggest aptitude for logic, programming, or numbers.
- Promising students without statistics or research background may be accepted conditionally and required to complete up to two prerequisite courses.
- Strong recommendations from professors or industry professionals, familiar with their personal potential and work ethic.
How to Apply
Scholarships are available. Apply by April 15th for full consideration. Applications are submitted online through the Queens College Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Online application form.
- Your college transcripts.
- Three recommendations from past professors, work supervisors, or other people familiar with your personal potential and work ethic.
- A statement of purpose (limit 500 words), in which you explain how our MA program fits in your larger career plans.
- Your TOEFL or IELTS score, if you did not earn your undergraduate degree in residence at a university in an English-speaking country. A level of English fluency appropriate for graduate work is typically indicated by a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL or 7 on the IELTS.
- The GRE is NOT required, but may be submitted in support of your application.
This program is open to Queens College undergraduate sociology majors. Applicants require an overall GPA of at least 3.5, and grades of at least B+ in SOC 205 and SOC 212.