Start your job search today! Start your search with these links & the tips blow.
- Subscribe to job listings via email whenever possible. The job you are looking for may not be available today, but it could show up tomorrow.
- Most big organizations are regularly looking for data analysts. You can search career websites using terms such as “survey”, “data”, “statistics”, “R”, etc.
- To create a list of organizations that may be hiring, review the member organizations of professional organizations.
- If you have a specific interest go directly to websites of companies and organizations. For smaller companies and organizations it can pay off to simply send your resume with a statement about what you are interested in doing in the long run.
- Use your network. One MA alumna noted that “Every job I have landed since graduating the MA program (some research and some adjunct teaching) has been through my network of professional and graduate school contacts. Let people know what you are looking for. Use LinkedIn to post interests and skills. I have had people contact me from my past because of my seeking section on LinkedIn.” Reach out to alumni too. They are often the first to know of openings where they currently work.
- Outreach and Networking:
• Attend our MA Program Alumni Functions
• Attend professional organization conferences, e.g., AAPOR always has a ‘speed networking session,’ like speed dating, a meet and greet for graduates looking for jobs and research employers looking to hire
• If you are not employed in a relevant field, get an internship, even if it is not your dream job