The Accelerated Master's Program
About the Program
The Accelerated Master’s Program in Data Analytics and Applied Social Research allows undergraduate students to take four Master’s courses for joint credit towards both their BA in Sociology and their Master’s in Data Analytics and Applied Social Research.
In this program, students are permitted to transfer up to 13 credits from their undergraduate degree towards the completion of their Master’s degree. These four classes that total to 13 credits are:
- One graduate-level course in Sociological Theory or Substantive Topics in Sociology (e.g. DATA 701, DATA 702, DATA 728, DATA 736 or other courses with approval like DATA 790) (3 credits)
- DATA 710 Basic Analytics (4 credits)
- DATA 716 Professional Writing and Communication (3 credits)
- DATA 754 Applied Social Research I (3 credits) OR DATA 734 Applied Social Research in Marketing I (3 credits)
Applicants need all of the following at a minimum all of the following:
- To be enrolled as sociology majors at Queens College
- An overall GPA of 3.5
- Grades of B+ or better in both SOC 205 and SOC 212 (or equivalent)
The Analytics Director reviews candidates and contacts those who have been granted admission.
Want to Learn More?
Come to one of our information sessions! For more information call (718) 997-2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.